Competition Rules, Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions – Raffle Rules
- The raffle is conducted by The Jakaranda Children’s Home with the physical address of 1 Talitha Kumi Street, East Lynne, Pretoria.
- The price per ticket is R20-00 (Twenty Rand). The ticket serves as a receipt for your purchase and each ticket represents one opportunity to win the 1978 MINI LEYLAND with a trailer.
- The Mini is raffled as a “voetstoots” item.
- The Mini is roadworthy; the license expires 28 February 2018 and is registered in the name of The Jakaranda Children’s Home.
- The matching trailer has no registration papers.
- Ticket sales commence when the official advertisements are released.
- Tickets are available at The Jakaranda Children’s Home with the physical address of 1 Talitha Kumi Street, East Lynne, Pretoria; or online during office hours at firstname.lastname@example.org; or during The Jakaranda Children’s Home Christmas Lights Festival from 1-30 December 2017.
- Tickets can be purchased via cash, debit card or EFT (proof of payment required).
- The Mini and trailer will be on display during The Jakaranda Children’s Home Christmas Lights Festival.
- Ticket sales end at 22:00 on 30 December 2017.
- By purchasing a car raffle ticket, winners agree that The Jakaranda Children’s Home may release their names to promote the Mini Leyland raffle, or to announce the winner. No compensation will be given for the use of photos and/or testimonials. Winners will be listed on the website within 10 days of raffle drawing.
- The official rules of the raffle are set forth herein. By entering the Raffle, entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these officials rules, waive any rights to claim ambiguity in the raffle or these official rules and further agree to be bound by The Jakaranda Children’s Home’s decision and interpretation of these official rules.
- The raffle is open to all persons age 18 and over. Officers, directors, and employees of The Jakaranda Children’s Home, its agents, consultants, attorneys, independent accountant firms, and their spouses and children and any other persons involved with this promotion are not eligible.
- No refunds will be made.
- Subject to availability, entrants may purchase as many tickets as they wish. Each ticket is personal and can only be in the name of one (1) individual entrant. Entrants may not sell, donate or otherwise transfer their ticket(s) to anyone. Prizes will not be issued to anyone other than the one (1) entrant whose name is on the entry form. Title to the car shall be taken in the name as it appears on the raffle ticket and is not transferable or assignable.
- The Jakaranda Children’s Home reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false, and any illegible, defective, incomplete or physically altered entry forms and entries that do not include valid or complete payment.
Grand prize drawing: 1978 MINI LEYLAND AND TRAILER.
- One (1) random grand prize drawing will be conducted by a representative.
- Entrants need not to be present to win.
- Drawing will be held at The Jakaranda Children’s Home, 1 Talitha Kumi Street, East Lynne, Pretoria on 31 December 2017, or upon the expiration of any announced extension to the raffle period at the property. All participants are invited.
- The entrant whose ticket is drawn at the grand prize drawing will be deemed the winner of the prize for that particular drawing (“raffle winner”).
- The raffle winner will be notified by phone and/or email using the information provided on the entry form.
- If any raffle winner cannot be located or fails to return attempts to contact him/her by 17:00 on the fifth (5the) business day after The Jakaranda Children’s Home first attempt to contact him/her, such raffle winner will be deemed to have forfeited his/her prize and another raffle winner will be drawn.
- Each raffle winner may be asked to send an affidavit of eligibility/liability/publicity release (“Release”).
- The raffle winner must provide all information requested to be eligible to win, including proof of age, proof of identity showing that the person claiming the prize is the same entrant named on the winning ticket.
- Unless restricted by law, each raffle winner will be required to complete and return the release within fourteen (14) days of prize notifications. The prize may be forfeited if raffle winner (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these official rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason.
- The raffle winner grants permission for the use of their name, photograph/likenesses for advertising and promotions for this and similar promotions without compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Please visit www.jacarandachildren.co.za/winthismini to obtain additional information and notifications of this raffle.
Proceeds: The proceeds from this raffle will benefit The Jakaranda Children’s Home.
Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of raffle tickets that are sold.
- The raffle is subject to these official rules. These official rules shall not be changed by any oral statement made by any employee or other person acting on the behalf of The Jakaranda Children’s Home.
- By participating, entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete official rules and the decisions of The Jakaranda Children’s Home which shall be final and binding: and (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity in the raffle or these official rules except where prohibited by law.
- By accepting a prize, the raffle winner agrees to release The Jakaranda Children’s Home, its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administrative of the raffle (collectively, the “Releases”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorney’s fees, and costs (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize.